Depression & Anxiety: Transdiagnostic Psychotherapy
depression-anxiety-transdiagnostic dataset is part of the meta-analytic research domain (MARD) on psychotherapy for depression/anxiety. This MARD is part of the Metapsy project. The dataset contains study information and effect size data of transdiagnostic psychological interventions for depression and anxiety.
This dataset includes psychotherapy vs. control (
psy vs ctr) comparisons. Effect sizes are provided for depression and anxiety outcomes at post-test.
It includes one type of effect size calculation per study, giving priority to means and standard deviations at post-test, followed by change scores, binary outcomes, and other statistics.
The dataset follows the Metapsy data standard. All included information has been independently extracted two researchers. Risk of bias ratings were conducted using the Cochrane Collaboration Risk of Bias Tool (Version 1).
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Technical University Munich
A simplified version of this database can be analyzed at metapsy.org/database/transdiagnostic-depression-anxiety.
- metapsyData Shorthand:
- Number of Studies:
- Latest Version:
- Last updated:
- Last search:
- Search String (Latest Version):
- Data Repository (Latest Version):
- Preregistration (Research Domain):
- License: ODC-By v1.0 ↗
- Database DOI:
Studies in the “depression-anxiety-transdiagnostic” dataset were extracted from the larger “depression psychotherapy” database. The study flow of this database can be found below. Next to the searches in the bibliographic databases, we also checked the references of earlier meta-analyses on the topic to identify additional studies.
- The full protocol of the METAPSY project ↗
- Definitions of types of psychotherapies that are included in the Metapsy depression domain ↗
- A paper summarizing main results of the Metapsy depression domain ↗
- Published meta-analyses using the database ↗
- Published 'individual participant data' meta-analyses, based on the database ↗