Metapsy consists of a collection of software tools and websites. Together, this infrastructure provides an integrated meta-analysis workflow.
Components of the Metapsy data flow:
- Meta-analytic databases are maintained and regularly updated by specialized university-based research teams.
- Updated or newly created databases are then transformed into a consistent format (Metapsy data format).
- Each database is then pushed to its own Github repository, hosted by the metapsy-project account.
- Database repositories are then officially released using Zenodo. At this step, a unique version number and digital object identifier (DOI) is created.
- The database documentation hosted on this website is automatically updated with each new release. The documentation entry contains metadata and additional information for each database.
metapsyDataR package allows to access all Metapsy databases directly in an R environment. JSON-encoded exports can be retrieved using the Metapsy API.
metapsyToolsR package provides helper functions that allow to conveniently run state-of-the-art meta-analyses using Metapsy data, or data prepared in the same format.
- The released databases can also be analyzed using a user-friendly meta-analysis tool. The application provides a graphical user interface that allows running meta-analyses of the data online.